October 25, 2012

How to Setup Godaddy Domain to Blogger

Just today I bought my own domain for this blog. Since I am not a techie person I had hard time figuring out how to set it up to blogger. Thanks to google there so many tutorial I found when I ask him.

I actually got this from godaddy site, since my domain was bought from them I decided to best follow their tutorial. So here it is.
  1. Log in to your Account Manager (godaddy)
  2. Next to Domains, click Launch.
  3. From the Tools menu, select DNS Manager. The DNS Dashboard displays.
  4. For the domain name you want to map to your Google Site, click Edit Zone. The Zone File Editor displays.
  5. In the CNAME (Alias) section, click the 1) www record. 2) add: KWU5WFYFCHZ6
  6. In the Points to field, type 1.) ghs.google.com. 2) add: gv-SPSBSHBXMK3JIXACRTLMQ5U454WVTRCAMSP4NVH7IZ7UYEGUJZMA.domainverify.googlehosted.com
  7. Click Save Zone File, and then click OK.

Here is how to set up your own domain to blogger.
  1. Log in to your Google Site account.
  2. From the More Actions menu, select Manage Site.
  3. Click Web address, and then enter your qualified domain name. For example, enter www.coolexample.com.
  4. Select Add.
Allow your DNS changes propagation for around 24-48 hours.

Tutorial from godaddy site. If you have clarification you may contact me.

Cheers! :)

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorials you have shared.This is very useful for all the bloggers out there.I am also not a techie person,so I'll gonna use this as my reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaya sa blogger na lang ako bumibili ng domain kasi they are the one redirecting the old url to the new, am not good with technical stuff lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy! i have some domains from blogger that i've been wanting to transfer but my rusty brain is not getting it heehhehehe simple instruction which is complicated to my understanding. Anyway, I sought help from my expert friend, i gave her my password and username had her do it on my behalf, still she couldn't get through. i dunno why

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! definitely a good tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a good tips because some did not know how to do it. I have some problems few days ago about this one but some friends help...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what I needed when I had my domain bought 3 years ago. That time, I need to figure-out how to change the DNS Setting and no-one I can turned to, no info from Google also which I can comprehend. I was very new to blogging and the one I followed with remained with free blogger platform. So I decided to let it go. I lost my .com or ten bucks and bought .net again after how many days of figuring it out. Waaaah! Until days ago Momi Nita once gave advise to a co-blogger. Now I know how to, if ever I gonna encounter such situation again. Whew!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the tutorial. I am thinking of setting up a new domain too, just a try. it will not cost that much anyway, but I will also learn how. I will set up a new and empty blog frist just in case everything else fails. I hired a techy person before as I was afraid that I lost all my blog contents even if I downloaded the whole site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had help 2 years ago when i tried to set up my godaddy domain to blogger. i'm not a techie person too. it may be easy for some but my mind shuts down every time i hear cname, ip address, domain control and other techie stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the following steps to my old blogs but since I switched to wordpress, I forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful tip this is Sis :-) It is very helpful indeed, might check this again sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really timely.. Thanks for this one Shengkay.. :)

    ReplyDelete