April 29, 2014

Shengkay.Biz Infected with Malware

I am not a techie person but once I heard or encounter virus in my device I feel threaten especially if my files are at stake what more if I it is malware. My 5 blog are infected with malware! how's that huh? Where did I get it? from topblogs widget, this is what chrome pop up everytime I visit my blog with topblogs widget.
What is MALWARE?
Malware, short for malicious software, is software used to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems. It can appear in the form of code, scripts, active content, and other software. 'Malware' is a general term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software. Malware includes computer viruses, ransomware, worms, trojan horses, rootkits,keyloggers, dialers, spyware, adware, malicious BHOs, rogue security software, and other malicious programs; the majority of active malware threats are usually worms or trojans rather than viruses. In law, malware is sometimes known as a computer contaminant, as in the legal codes of several U.S. states. Malware is different from defective software, which is a legitimate software but contains harmful bugs that were not corrected before release. However, some malware is disguised as genuine software, and may come from an official company website in the form of a useful or attractive program which has the harmful malware embedded in it along with additional tracking software that gathers marketing statistics. Software such as anti-virus, anti-malware, and firewalls are relied upon by users at home, small and large organizations around the globe to safeguard against malware attacks which helps in identifying and preventing the further spread of malware in the network.
So, if your your also a user of topblogs widget time for you to remove it at least for now.

14 comments:

  1. I removed TopBlogs right away when I saw the malware alert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the heads up. Now I know to avoid that widget. So far, I only have Sverve, Taste for Sweets and Nuffnang. I have not put up my Lazada banner for the reason that it only serves a local market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malware is very annoying and dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I panicked when I saw different status from my blogger friends about this incident. I took it down right away without thinking twice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for alerting us and sorry that you got hit by this malware. I'm not using the widget and will probably not download it in the near future. Appreciate that you let us know of this possible danger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dangerous and annoying. It's good that you identified the culprit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Malware is very threatening and is infectious too! Good thing you've identified the culprit right away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did remove Topblogs right away as soon as I've read from friends' post na may malware daw. Not a techie person as well, pero it is wise to be alert against malware.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was infected with this TopBlogs malware, too. Good thing, they were able to fix it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ouch, I hate this when it happens on my blog. I had the same issue before. I guess I was linked to a bad url.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I heard about this malware, I immediately removed TobBlogs widget

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate that malware especially when my blog is affected :-( It drives me crazy :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had that one too and I immediately deleted it from my blog! I was so afraid as well when I saw the warning sign!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never had any bad experience/s with malware on my blog due to TopBlogs. Kaya until now, I still have the widget on my sidebar.. I don't like malwares!!

    ReplyDelete