May 14, 2014

How To Enable Comment Field in Wordpress

Making sort of mistakes sometimes are also good cause we learn from it, agree?

Just today my attention was called in one of the FB group that I belong that my comment field in one of my particular post in my Postcard and Travel Lover blog was disabled and that they can not leave comment. So I check my blog with the particular post mention and indeed even me can not also leave comment. It takes more than an hour before I was able to figure out why comment field was disabled. I am a self confess noob when it comes technical side of blogging. I never stop until I fix disabled comment field :P LOL.

So here how I solve it.

First, go to you dashboard.
Second, select ALL POST.
click image to enlarge
Third, hover the post that you want to edit and click QUICK EDIT. In opening quick edit, you will see at the right side, under tags the ALLOW COMMENTS. Just check it and click update and your done.
click image to enlarge
 Hope this how to's help. 

13 comments:

  1. I am using blogger but this post is very helpful. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial. Just like you, I'm also a noob when it comes to the technicalities of wordpress. I'm having a hard time integrating my pinterest button naman per post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my blogs are hosted in blogger but thank you for these tutorial Mommy Sheng.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice i use wordpress too but using disqus as my comment system. thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am like you, when I am faced with problem, I can't stop unless I solve it, good you were able to solve the problem, and now, you have documented it to help everyone who may encounter the same challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very helpful tutorial but I am on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use blogger for my platform. I will keep these tips in mind. Who knows, I might start another blog and use wordpress. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this Sis :-) It really help for other blogger. I love to check out and experience and learn this by myself too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'll know what to do if I experience this problem. I sometimes feel really helpless when I encounter techie problems with my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A similar thing happened to me before, and I was clueless on how to fix it. Good thing a blogger friend taught me how.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A similar thing happened to me before, and I was clueless on how to fix this problem. Good thing a blogger friend taught me how.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am using blogger too but this tips is helpful in the future if I'll use wordpress. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been contemplating on moving to WP, this tutorial would come in handy one day. :)

    ReplyDelete